Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Eat Tokyo - Charing Cross - London

25/06/2012

Eat Tokyo - Charing Cross - London


After gorging myself to death in Marrakesh on tagines,  I swore if I saw another one I was going to go break something. 

I needed another cuisine, you know something more close to home.

Besides after a holiday, it is almost certain that I was going to have absolutely no food except for that dusty old pot of ramen noodles in my cupboard, so locating a delicious yet cheap restaurant is a must.

It's time to whip out another one of my emergency local cheap-eats. 

So hello Eat Tokyo. 














As you can see, I got rather excited and tried to order everything off that menu, and that menu is seriously extensive. You will be rifling through the many pages, and once you see one dish you want, as soon as you turn the next page, there will be another that you just simply must have.

Hungry, sleep deprived, on the brink of insanity, it was necessary to order a chicken teriyaki bento box, miso soup, two sushi dishes, and some green tea, riiiight?

My beautiful friend M, ordered herself a pork cutlet bento box, and miso soup too. It goes without saying that I shared my sushi dishes. Or did I?...

Anyway, here are the nitty gritty details, both bento boxes were £8.95 with complimentary miso soup,  salmon avocado sushi was £4.65, and prawn tempura sushi was £4.50.

Jaw-droppingly cheap.

Utterly divine.


-
-
-


However, I was disappointed that the prawn tempura only seemed to extend into two pieces of my sushi roll, and the tea leaves in my green tea appeared to have been used to death. So on that note I'm going to have to knock off a few Yummei points.

Despite that, the menu is bursting full of a variety of dishes that is enough to always entice me back.

Obviously I have to sample the entire menu.

Don't look at me like that. How else am I going to choose my favourite?

7/10 Yummeis

Where?
Eat Tokyo, is dotted around London, in Notting Hill, Golder's Green, Trafalgar Square and soon in Holborn.

I went to this one;

Eat Tokyo
15 Whitcomb Street,
London,
WC2H 7HA

Eat Tokyo on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12 January 2013 at 16:38 , Blogger Ji said...

Just went today to the one near trafalgar sq, bit hidden but amazing sushi

 
At 13 January 2013 at 08:20 , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeh you can easily walk past it - hidden gem it is!
Glad you feasted gloriously !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin