Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Namu - Japanese Street Food - Kingston

14/11/2012

Namu - Japanese Street Food - Kingston

I don't know about you, but when I don't satisfy a craving I become possessed; and have to go hunting to find that one thing that I just simply must have.

Such cravings can only be satisfied on street corners ;]

Street Market corners that is. 

Behind Kingston's Ancient Market in London, is Namu; a little Japanese Café (along with many other food stalls). 

@Namu

Chicken Teriyaki on a Bed of Stir Fried Beansprouts, Onions and Peppers with Rice



 Close up?

Just one more...


For £4.60-£5.60~ you can order yourself a range of dishes including spicy pork ramen, prawn tempura, chicken yaki soba noodles etc. and for just £1-2.00 chicken/vegetable gyoza, spring rolls etc.

Absolute bargain. 


At £4.60, I ordered the Chicken Teriyaki with rice. 


This was clearly prepared with love. It came piping hot, the chicken was pan-fried so it was crispy on the outside, and was glazed with a sticky, sweet teriyaki sauce just the way I like it.


I was surprised (especially at that price) to see that the chicken came sitting like a King on a bed of stir fried beansprouts, peppers, onions on top of a generous serving of rice. 


Needless to say, I was very satisfied like a fat cat. 


Anyway, don't expect glamour since you will be sitting on the street, but the food will no doubt warm you right up. 


The quality and price of the food with make you want to sit through rain or snow.


I definitely will be returning, since I have my eye on the yaki soba noodles next time whenever I come back to Kingston.


8/10 Yummeis


Where?

Namu
Kingston Ancient Market,

Kingston Upon Thames,
Greater London
Kingston Upon ThamesKT1 1JP

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin