Current blogger code: YUMMEI: The Meat and Wine Co. - Westfield - Shepherd's Bush - London

06/11/2013

The Meat and Wine Co. - Westfield - Shepherd's Bush - London

The surest way to my heart is through a steak.

A badass steak, that is.

Any tiffs & arguments amongst friends and lovers can be resolved with steak.

That is why choosing your steakhouse is so god damn important.

If you get it wrong; you're probably going to end up in the dog house for a week.

This is no joke.

One of my secret weapons comes in the form of The Meat and Wine Co.

The Meat and Wine Co. is a global African Steak house, with it's one and only flagship restaurant in the UK nestled in Westfield - Shepherd's Bush branch - London.

They have their own exclusive line of beef; the Monte Beef brand, which is sourced from only premium breeders of primarily the Angus cattle, whom are carefully reared and grazed on selected farms.

So these are happy pampered cows.



Ambiance

The whole restaurant exudes this warm & homey atmosphere. Courtesy of the dimly lit lanterns hanging from the ceilings and the dark wooden furnishings.

My favourite place to sit is on the sofa seats, it is just unbelievably comfy.

If I had my way I could stay there all night.

The kitchen sits proudly right in the centre, so you can see into it through the glass windows and shamelessly stalk the chefs' movements.


300g Wagyu Steak £55
Aerial view
Close up
Served Medium Rare


Sex Appeal

300g Wagyu Steak £55, served with potato chips £2.25 & green beans with cherry tomatoes £5.00.

The Wagyu cattle are raised having daily massages and have beer/sake/red wine added to their feed, they are also genetically predisposed to having intense marbling. Making them renowned for their tenderness, flavour and well marbled texture. High quality.


The 300g Wagyu steak is one of the most expensive cuts of meat on the whole menu.

It was worth every penny.

The steak came to me glistening from the BBQ glaze, it was cooked medium rare and had that char grilled flavour that's so difficult to achieve.

The Wagyu steak was impossibly flawless, it was unbelievably tender, so intensely flavoured unlike any other steak I've ever had before and just melt-in-your-mouth awesome.

You don't need anything else.

She's perfect.

500g T-Bone Steak £45
 Aerial View
 Close up
 Show me the money ;]



500g T-Bone Steak £45, served with potato chips £2.25 & green beans with cherry tomatoes £5.00.

This one was a man's steak.

Please do not attempt to order this if you're a pansy.

The T-Bone is comprised of the short loin and the tenderloin, and is a proper hunk of meat; just look at the size of him..

When something is that huge and still tender and soft, you just know that this is a serious steak.

Size does matter in this case.

I'll let the steak do the talking for this one. So go scroll back up and have an ogle.

Selection of Desserts because I couldn't decide - £12.50

Chef's Selection of Desserts £12.50 - Chocolate Pistachio Fondant, Chocolate Brownie Sundae, Mango Sorbet, Creme Brulee, Nelson Mandela's Malva Cake. 

Nothing beats having a selection of desserts.

It's not greed, it's a necessity.

How else are you going to know which one is your favourite?

One of the worst feelings in the world is food envy.

I get that real bad, especially if someone else has the dessert that I want instead of my own.

I'll let you imagine the consequence of that scenario.

But you really can't go wrong with Malva cake, Chocolate Pistachio Fondant, Chocolate Brownie Sundae AND Mango Sorbet.

Personally I could eat the Malva cake all day.

So if you do want to play conservative, order that.

Yummeis?

9/10 Yummeis 

Where?

The Meat Co.
Unit 1026,
Westfield London Shopping Centre,
Ariel Way,
Shepherd's Bush,
London
W12 7GA

The Meat Co. on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6 November 2013 at 03:14 , Anonymous Miho said...

those are seriously immense steaks! my husband would love to try this place out - so many places on the to-eat list in London. x


Miho @ Wander to Wonder

 
At 6 November 2013 at 08:10 , Anonymous Vivi said...

I am not really into steaks because my parents own a steak house back at home. so I kind of had enough of them lol. But this post made me really hungry for them
We should go to lunch together some time, you always go to these places with such delicious food! ;) haha

x Vivi
http://frostedpearl.blogspot.com

 
At 7 November 2013 at 02:10 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

They were indeed amazing steaks - definitely go try this place out! It's perfect after a long day of shopping in Westfields too :P let me know what you think! xx -Amy

 
At 7 November 2013 at 02:11 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Hahah oh wow you must have been spoilt with steak growing up! ahah yes go try this place out - i love it there!!


Yes! We should go for lunch sometime! ;] when are you next free?

 
At 7 November 2013 at 10:31 , Anonymous Vivi said...

well it depends on the days (and if I am gonna get my part time job :O lol) ;) but normally I am mostly free on thursdays and weekends. but just let me know when you can :D
xx

 
At 8 November 2013 at 03:59 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

I mainly can only do weekends - I will let you know lovely! I'll message you via twitter x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin