Current blogger code: YUMMEI: La Farola - Angel - London

01/12/2013

La Farola - Angel - London

Sharing is generally not my forte.

It's not because I'm an asshole.

It's just because I don't eat my food, I inhale it.

So sharing is just dangerous if you dine with me.

Luckily the lovely Vivi from FrostedPearl wasn't aware of this, so I took her for tapas at La Farola in Angel.

I was on my best behaviour :P 



Chargrilled Bread with Olive Oil & Tomato Jam

Pimientoes de Padron 
Pan fried Galician peppers with garlic & salt.
Croquetas de Bacalao 
 Salted cod croquetas with bravas sauce
Chipriones 
Crispy fried baby squid with ali oil sauce, punterella salad, & grated lemon zest
Pollo a La Brasa
 Chargrilled chicken 
Crespelle Con Ricotta E Spinaci 
Pancakes filled with ricotta cheese, spinach, & sundried tomato with béchamel & parmesan glazing
Tiramisu
Churros with Molten Chocolate

Ambiance?

I love the huge windows here; I could sit by the window for hours people watching.

Like an old perve.

Plus it really helps to make this small & cosy restaurant; bright, airy & gives the illusion of wider space.

Sex Appeal?

Starters:

- Chargrilled bread with olive oil & tomato jam. £2.95
- Pimientoes de Padron - pan fried Galician peppers with garlic & salt. £4.25

These two went exceedingly well together, especially if you slather on a generous helping of the tomato jam on to the warm, crusty bread and top with the Galician peppers. 

Mains:


- Croquetas de Bacalao -  Salted cod croquetas with bravas sauce £5.95
- Chipriones - Crispy fried baby squid with ali oil sauce, punterella salad, & grated lemon zest £6.50
- Pollo a La Brasa - Chargrilled chicken £7.25
- Crespelle Con Ricotta E Spinaci - Pancakes filled with ricotta cheese, spinach, & sundried tomato with béchamel & parmesan glazing. £4.25

Normally I expect minuscule serving sizes for tapas, so was very surprised at the portions served at La Farola.

I really couldn't fault any of the dishes I tried, and if I were to recommend you anything.

It would be to order those cod croquettes.

Do it.

Dessert:



- Tiramisu £4.25

Literally coffee infused cream layered on top of chocolate cake.

I love chocolate cake.

I love cream.

Uh.

- Churros £4.25

Melted dark chocolate, with crispy yet soft cinnamon sugar covered doughnuts.

Yes.

Just yes.


Yeah-O-Meter?


It was lunchtime when we strolled in so we opted for a set menu at £12.95 per person, this gave you the option for 1 starter, 2 tapas dishes & 1 dessert each.

An excellent deal.

Lunch dates are so under rated. 

It's a great time to sample dishes at any restaurant at a fraction of the price normally.

So start going on lunch dates, score early, and she'll be making you that grilled sandwich sooner than you think ;P


Yummei's?

7/10 Yummei's

Where?

La Farola
101 Upper Street,
Angel,
London,
N1 1QN

La Farola on Urbanspoon


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 1 December 2013 at 11:04 , Anonymous Miho said...

this looks so good!! and anywhere that serves churros is a good one in my books. x

 
At 1 December 2013 at 13:52 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Hahah yep can't beat a good stash of churros

 
At 2 December 2013 at 05:08 , Anonymous Emily said...

Wow wow wow - need to try this place out. The cod croquetas look particularly yummy! xx

 
At 2 December 2013 at 07:50 , Anonymous Vivi said...

Oh you haha! You could've said something ;). Normally I prefer to have my own dish as well but sharing with you was not a problem for me :D maybe because normally I go out with my bf for lunch or dinner and then I have to be quick to get enough food lol.

Hope to see you again soon <3

xxx Vivi

 
At 2 December 2013 at 08:03 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Oh yeah - those were amazing! Definitely check it out Em. :}

 
At 2 December 2013 at 08:03 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Hahha I like to be ninja :P Awh perfect so you are well trained in the art of food fighting hahah - definitely have to do it again soon lovely xx

 
At 5 December 2013 at 16:44 , Anonymous Letitia Harriet said...

I moved to Brighton in September and recently started up my blog again. :) I'm starting to find loads of bloggers from here now too, which is awesome! Check out my blog if you like. :)

letitiaharriet.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin