Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Thai Thai - Old Street - London

10/02/2014

Thai Thai - Old Street - London

Lately, I've been going through a rough time. 

Everything felt like it was going from bad to worse. So, I would hide away in my duvet cave and refuse to come out.  

I don't like to feel vulnerable and weak. 

Most of all I'd hate people knowing that I was feeling like this.

So, I'd hide away until I was ready to pick myself up.

Of course, I did have some help along the way.

Most of it came in the form of luring me out of my cushioned lair.

First of all, proximity from my cave was key. 

The answer? Thai Thai.

It was only a stone throw away from home, so under the cover of darkness I plucked up the courage to venture out.

Satay Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Thai Green Chicken Curry

Thai Red Beef Curry
Vegetable Noodles
Classic Dishes
 Pandan Coconut Rice Pudding with Fresh Mango

Boy it was definitely a worthy excursion away from my hideout.

Ambiance?

Thai Thai just exudes opulence, with it's impressive stained-glass ceiling, high ceilings, carved wooden artefacts, and crimson walls.

Candles flicker from each table, giving Thai Thai that blushing warm glow.

Sex Appeal?

Starters

Chicken Satay Skewers £6.50

You know what's infuriating.

When you order chicken satay skewers, get so excited but what arrives is something that has been chargrilled to death that even the chicken wouldn't recognise it; and is just a dry, shrivelled mess that you wouldn't look twice at.

THANKFULLY, what was presented before me was the most tender, succulent and generously portioned chicken satay skewers I've had in a long time. It was glazed with this spicy, sticky peanutt-y sauce that made it oh-the-more awesome.

Mains

Green Chicken Curry £8.95 with Coconut rice £3.50

Red Beef Curry with £8.95 Vegetable Noodles £4.95

I have found it impossibly difficult to locate a classic Thai restaurant in London, that I could go back to over and over again.

Thai Thai sits right at the top of my list for sure.

Both curries were creamy without feeling too heavy and had a perfect level of spice where it gradually builds up. I love that slow burning feeling.

The chicken and beef portions were really generous in both dishes, and most importantly were really tender.

Dessert

Pandan Coconut Sticky Rice Pudding with Fresh Mango

The sticky rice was a touch on the dry side for dessert, but anything can be redeemed by feeding me spoonfuls of fresh mango. All of the mango, of course.

Yeah-O-Meter


8/10 Yummeis

Where?
Thai Thai
110 Old Street,
London
EC1V 9BD

Thai Thai on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

P.S. This restaurant is on Tastecard and is also halal.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 11 February 2014 at 09:14 , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11 February 2014 at 09:16 , Blogger Unknown said...

This is just around the corner from my work and I have been in search of a place that is not ridic expensive and something different from the usual lunch time places. Defo going to have to give this place a visit!

http://uniandonward.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 11 February 2014 at 18:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Delicious!!!

xoxo

http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

 
At 12 February 2014 at 04:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

Awh yes do go give it a try!
Lunch time is the best time to go to restaurants for a fraction of the price ! :D

 
At 12 February 2014 at 04:22 , Blogger Unknown said...

It really was Filipa! :D

 
At 20 February 2014 at 16:35 , Blogger Louisa said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm following you now on bloglovin. Check out my blog and outfits on LOOKBOOK

Louisa Moje
http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin