Current blogger code: YUMMEI: The Rooftop Cafe - The Exchange - London Bridge - London

30/03/2014

The Rooftop Cafe - The Exchange - London Bridge - London

There are very few places in London like The Rooftop Cafe at The Exchange.

Only a handful of places exude such an exclusive atmosphere without the pretentious vibe and extensive price tag. 

Even fewer restaurants make you feel so at home that you don't want to leave.





One of the things that I love about The Rooftop Cafe is the daily-changing menu.

You never know what Head Chef Peter Le Faucheur has in store for you until you arrive.

What you do know, is that nothing but the freshest produce will be used, every dish will be packed full of flavour and that you definitely won't be disappointed.

I know this because once I stayed from brunch until dinner time.

This obviously meant one thing… I had to sample the entire menu.

Cheeky I know - but I regret nothing!

The Shard

It's so easy to just chill out with friends and sip on cocktails just admiring the view of the Shard from the terrace.

It also helps that the bartenders make pretty badass cocktails.

Now can you understand how I spent hours here?

Detour

Earl Grey Tea


Homemade bread
Home Smoked Salmon with Creamy Scrambled Eggs on Sour Dough Toast


Home Smoked Salmon with Creamy Scrambled Eggs on Sour Dough Toast £7.50

I never knew scrambled eggs could be this good - normally I'm a poached or fried egg kinda girl.

So you can fork into the yolk and see that golden explosion slowly drip… well you get the idea ;]

Hence, when I was given scrambled eggs I was a little apprehensive.

That was until I scooped up my first forkful and to be honest this was the creamiest scrambled eggs I have ever had - EVER.

Order this for brunch when you go.

Do it.
French Toast with Bacon drizzled with Maple Syrup



French Toast with Bacon drizzled with Maple Syrup £6.50

Everything tastes better when bacon is involved, and it wouldn't be an orgy without maple syrup.

Sweet, savoury, and salty mmmm.


Wild Mushroom Pie


Wild Mushroom Pie £12.95

Every single mushroom you could ever dream of featured in this dish.

Boy - was it a generous helping.

This was an incredibly warming pie for a chilly late afternoon.



Deep-fried Scallops with Wasabi Creme Fraiche

Deep-fried Scallops with Wasabi Creme Fraiche £10.95

The only thing I regret about this dish is that there wasn't more of it.


The scallops tasted like they were taken fresh out from the sea just for me.

Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice cream
Look at that drip... 

Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice cream £3.45

Sometimes you just can't beat an old classic.

Warm gooey chocolate brownie with a huge scoop of vanilla ice-cream dripping all over it.

Filthy pleasure.

Oh yes.

This one's not for sharing ;]

Yummeis?

10/10 Yummei's

The Rooftop Cafe is truly one of London's hidden gems - hiding in a unassuming office block.

I really wanted to keep this place a secret.

So promise you'll keep this place between you and me? :P

Where?

The Exchange,
28 London Bridge Street,
London.
SE1 9SG

The Rooftop Cafe on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1 April 2014 at 02:36 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drooling ahhhhhhhhhhhhh xxx

 
At 1 April 2014 at 15:09 , Blogger Unknown said...

Next time you and Angela are in London - i'll take you!

 
At 7 May 2014 at 05:30 , Blogger Lisa said...

Our office is moving closer to London Bridge soon. I might have to try this out (but I'll keep the secret).

 
At 9 May 2014 at 13:05 , Anonymous lebinh said...

:) on your blog, trying to work out the camera your using! love the new layout and photos!

 
At 11 May 2014 at 15:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely give this place a try! You do have to book though - but it is WORTH it! ;] Oh yes keep this gem between me and you :P

 
At 11 May 2014 at 15:34 , Blogger Unknown said...

Awh thanks lovely! I'm using a Sony RX100 :}

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin