Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Bar Caffe Ciao - After Eight Ice Cream Waffles?! - Leicester Square - London

26/01/2012

Bar Caffe Ciao - After Eight Ice Cream Waffles?! - Leicester Square - London

This little Italian ice-cream parlour, located south of Leicester Square perching on Charing Cross Road is Bar Ciao; and is quite simply the only place for desserts. 

After Eight Ice Cream Sundae



Strawberry Cup Sundae

Tiramisu and Pistachio Ice Cream Belgium Waffle with Caramel Sauce

Hazelnut Icecream with Caramel Sauce Belgium Waffle



For £6-7 each you get an enormous sundae - ideal for sharing - unless you're me. It may look small in the photo but believe me it was colossal. There are various other ice-creams to choose from; from 'fried egg' ice-cream to fruit sundaes, to frozen yoghurt sundaes.


For £5 you get this freshly made Belgium waffle, I forced my companion to choose two scoops of ice-cream; tiramisu and pistachio with caramel sauce, with my personal favourite hazelnut ice cream waffle on the side; plus another cheeky waffle. ;] 

 The waffle had a crispy outer casing with a warm soft centre, and wasn't too sweet so the ice cream and caramel sauce was the perfect complement.  



If you're a nervous wreck like me when given so many selections of ice cream to choose from, I'm going to impose my favourite waffle+ice cream collaboration on to you; you just have to try hazelnut ice cream and caramel sauce with the warm Belgium waffle.

 You won't be disappointed; and if you are - you are just lacking in tastebuds (apologies to those who have nut allergies). But you could choose any flavour from their range of ice-creams displayed at the front. Rum and raisin to pistachio to mango sorbet. 



Cheap delicious desserts in a cosy Italian cafe in Central London. 


Bar Ciao: 9/10 Yummei's


Where?
Bar Ciao
17 Charing Cross Road, 
Leicester Square,
London,
WC2H 0EP

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 27 January 2012 at 11:36 , Blogger Ji said...

Greatest ice cream place in leicester sq! That Haagen Dazs place aint going to get my money hmph!

 
At 29 January 2012 at 15:07 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha WOORD ;]

 
At 5 February 2012 at 13:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Heheh it is a cute place :}

 
At 18 February 2013 at 06:02 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm looks soo yummy xxx

 
At 21 February 2013 at 04:29 , Blogger Unknown said...

it was indeed!! i'll take you next time!

 
At 31 May 2014 at 16:49 , Blogger AndyCatyn said...

Horrific service. This lebanese waiter grabbed me by the hand as soon as I walked in to lead me to my table. I asked him not to touch me.
He then apologised, I ordered, and he then asked me out on a date. I said no.

He then asked me to move because some other customers wanted my table. I moved as requested.
To thank me, he then stopped by my table pinched my face and ran his hand down my arm. I told him not to touch me again and keep his hands off.

He asked me why I'm so stressed. Unbelievable.

The ice-cream was also rather flavourless and looked nothing like the picture in the menu

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin