Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Taro - Soho - London

15/04/2013

Taro - Soho - London

I have a confession...

I've been totally holding out on you.

Sometimes, I just don't like to share.

I know, I know... shame on me.

No hard feelings, riiight?

So... I normally go to Taro when the hippo inside of me bears the same resemblance as Taro's iconic logo.


Just look at that happy fat face.

How can you resist that?!

Ambiance

There are two branches both conveniently in the Soho district, I am a normal resident at Mr. Taro's second love nest in Old Compton Street; but you can also wander to the original branch in Brewer Street.

Shimmying underground in the basement is Taro, Old Compton Street.

It's bright, airy and you are always warmly taken to your seats. However the tables are pretty small, and sometimes you can find yourselves rather close up with the people next to you. So, make friends :P



Show Me All The Angles ;]

Beef Teriyaki Bento Box 



Ebi Fry Bento Box



The menu is wide and it is large, there's copious variations of sushi, sashimi, ramen, rice, bento boxes... etc.  

 Naturally I would want to order the most biggest bento box available since I always want everything.

Important Information

The Beef Teriyaki Bento Box was £14.00

Normally, I expect to get top side beef finely sliced and cooked in teriyaki sauce.

But what was presented before me was so much better.

Steak. On. Rice. 

*Jaw drop* 

STEAK on a layer of onions and beansprouts, resting on rice and lathered with sticky teriyaki sauce.  

The best part? The steak was cooked medium rare, so it was still juicy, tender and NOT chewy.

I think I'm in love.

Let's just scroll back up and marvel at the exquisite presentation of that hunk of meat. 

The Ebi Fry Bento Box was £13.00

4 large king prawns, encased in a thin layer of golden panko crumbs.

You know it's been beautifully crafted when you bite down, and you see more of the prawn than you do of the panko crumbs. 

No oily, and greasy aftertaste; just a pure, unadulterated, borderline sexual experience.

Bento Sides 

The Bento Box included miso soup and rice as an accompaniment with: 

Sushi:  Salmon and prawn nigiri - all absent the overpowering taste of rice vinegar, and were perfectly balanced in ratio of rice and fish. 

Well... except the California roll, that was 90% rice and 10% Avacado and Crab. But that was just a little hiccup. 

Salmon and Tuna Sashimi: The sashimi was really fresh, and was a very decent cut with plenty of flesh to wrap your lips around ;] Pass the wasabi baby. 

Edmame beans and beansprouts: Good. 

Yummei points:

8.5/10 YUMMEIS

Where?
Taro
10 Old Compton Street,
Soho,
London.
W1D 4TF


Taro on Urbanspoon

Square Meal

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 15 April 2013 at 10:50 , Anonymous Will Lam said...

Looks scrum-diddly-umptious, I can foresee myself dining there in the near future :Phttp://reel-hungry.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At 15 April 2013 at 12:30 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

hahah it was pretty awesome - yeh go check it out ! :}

 
At 15 April 2013 at 15:45 , Anonymous Samantha Aoki said...

Your style of writing is very entertaining!! makes for a good read! :)

 
At 16 April 2013 at 00:46 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

hahah awh thanks gorgeous <3 x

 
At 16 April 2013 at 05:05 , Anonymous umrah jeddah flights said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first

comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.

I will keep visiting this blog very often.

umrah jeddah flights

 
At 16 April 2013 at 05:47 , Anonymous Coline Chavaroche said...

This post is very interesting
And you have such a nice blog !
I'm glad I found it




Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com


Coline ♡

 
At 16 April 2013 at 16:42 , Anonymous aeroplaneandapparel said...

How fun!!! Hope you get a chance to see my DASH store experience in LA. =) take care!

Love A&A

http://aeroplaneandapparel.blogspot.com

 
At 29 April 2013 at 09:51 , Anonymous prettyandtasty said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm looks soo good!! xxx

 
At 1 May 2013 at 01:59 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

it really was amazing! Next time you're in London - you should go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin