Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Sushinho - Liverpool Street - London

20/05/2013

Sushinho - Liverpool Street - London

I shudder when I see the words 'fusion' and 'Asian' used together in the same sentence.

Normally the outcome is rather...alien.

So, when Sushinho opened up another branch in Liverpool Street, London. (The original restaurant is in Kings Road, London)

I was apprehensive at first.

Brazilian/Japanese sushi...

Hmmm could it work? Or will it force me to have a tantrum?

When it comes what I put in my mouth... I'm normally a traditionalist.  ;]


Spider Roll


Rio and Samba Rolls

Samba Roll


Rio Roll


Prawn Tempura

Ambiance

When I happen to parade around Sushinho, it was a Friday lunch time and so the clientele were all city workers; clad in suits trying to impress eachother.

Anyway, once you step into Sushinho you are led to downstairs into the basement by bright-eyed , high-heels wearing hostesses. The space is large, airy and warm, courtesy of the sultry lighting and oak furniture.

ORDER! ORDER!


We ordered a selection of sushi and went for the:

Spider Roll £9.50 - Soft shell crab, wasabi tobiko, and chilli roll. The Spider roll, was visually appealing, tasty but I wanted to feel more of the kick of chilli. You know that zing you get on your tongue when it's lashed with a teasing drop of chilli?

Rio Roll £9.50 - Prawn, wasabi tobiko, and strawberry roll.

This was my favourite was the Rio roll, the roll was encased in a strawberry gel, and the sweet/tang of the strawberry strangely complimented the prawn and wasabi tobiko.

Samba Roll £9.50 - Eel, papaya, cucumber and tobiko roll.

Samba Roll - I was abit disappointed as I couldn't taste the eel nor the papaya.

Tempura £14.50 - Just prawns.

Holy mother of...... that is the most expensive tempura I've ever seen-  But the batter was light, the prawns were cooked to perfection and the accompanying sauces were a fine addition to the sushi platter we ordered.

YEAH OR NEVEH?

So aside from the eye-watering prices, the real question is - was it worth it?

The fusion of fruit with sushi, was actually a very good combination. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't convinced about the combination of seafood and fruit at first, but now I'm a believer.

My only qualms is I would have liked to have had my sushi come all at once, instead of one dish at a time. This is purely because I'm one of those diners who like to see my entire feast before I destroy it, and also so I have the choice between which roll I want to play with first ;]

Sushinho, is definitely somewhere to go if you're feeling to impress; and since it doubles up as a cocktail bar. If impressing her with your culinary knowledge wasn't enough. You can always just get her drunk. hahaah :P

The sushi is beautifully presented, and if you have an adventurist palate, give this place a try!

YUMMEI??

7/10 Yummei's

Where?
Sushinho
9a Devonshire Square,
London
EC2M 4AE

Sushinho City London on Urbanspoon

Square Meal


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 20 May 2013 at 23:03 , Anonymous Mash Elle said...

The sushi looks incredible! You must have had a great time!

Thanks for the post.

Michelle

http://mash-elle.blogspot.com

 
At 22 May 2013 at 07:19 , Anonymous Rebecca said...

Omg this looks sooooo good, I'm sushi obsessed so I'll have to try this place out! X

Thiswomansstyle.com

 
At 24 May 2013 at 11:01 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Yes - please do and let me know what you think sweety! :}

 
At 24 May 2013 at 11:01 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

yeh it was yummy! :}

 
At 24 May 2013 at 12:41 , Anonymous Александра Захарова said...

Food look super tasty!!!!

Thanks for sharing such a nice post! Gladly followed you with GFC and on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
Have a happy time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.com

 
At 30 May 2013 at 04:53 , Anonymous Mollie said...

You have me drooling over here...even though it's only 8:00am. Sushi is perfect anytime, am I right?

 
At 31 May 2013 at 07:03 , Anonymous Amy Lau said...

Hahah couldn't have put it better myself! Sushi is 24/7 kinda food for me!! :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin