Current blogger code: YUMMEI: Layla - Wimbledon - London

13/03/2014

Layla - Wimbledon - London


I have to admit that I rarely venture down to the south side of London.

After living in Central for the past 4 years I have been a little spoilt.

Everything I could possibly dream of eating is within walking distance.

The thought of having to travel more than half an hour anywhere is a struggle.

But everything changed when Layla came knocking on my door.

She beckoned me to come down to visit her in the dirty south, all the way down in Wimbledon.


It's hard to say no to such an invitation when she looks like this...





Isn't she a beauty?
Potato and Sweet Pea Soup
Spoon me ;]
Lamb Meshwi - Tender lamb fillet pieces chargrilled on a bed of roast vegetables, served with mint yoghurt sauce, salsa and vermicelli rice.
Grilled Seabass Oven baked sea bass marinated with Arabic spices, olive oil and lemon juice, served with oven roast vegetables and manierre sauce.
Lebanese Pancake
Chef's Specials Pastries
Baklava
Desserts all naturally migrate towards my side of the table

Sex Appeal?

Starters: 

Potato and Sweet Pea Soup £5.95

This was wonderfully thick without being too dense, and I was incredibly impressed at how the potato and sweet pea was separated in the bowl. This opened up opportunity for swirling fun :P 

After grabbing a fistful of crispy oven-baked garlic infused pitta, I carelessly threw the golden rubble into my soup. 

This possibly was the best soup I've had in a long time.

Normally I'm reaching for the salt shaker after the first slurp, but not at Laya's it was beautifully seasoned and needed no further dressing.

Mains:

Lamb Meshwi - £19.95 - Tender lamb fillet pieces chargrilled on a bed of roast vegetables, served with mint yoghurt sauce, salsa and vermicelli rice. 
The lamb was very tender, juicy, and really well seasoned. It helped that Layla was super generous with the portion. 

Just look at those hunks of meat.

Juicy mouthfuls for sure ;]

Grilled Seabass £20.95 - Oven baked sea bass marinated with Arabic spices, olive oil and lemon juice, served with oven roast vegetables and manierre sauce. 
Layla gave me a generously sized fillet ;] however I was thrown back because the sea bass was not properly deboned. So you can imagine my pain at having to pick out multiple niggling bones as I chewed. 

Despite that set back, you can tell the sea bass was fresh as the flesh was crumbly and you could really taste that it was infused with garlic and lemon. It would have been perfection, if it wasn't for those damn bones.

Dessert:

I can never choose just one dessert.

In my eyes dessert should always be a selection of delicacies.

Don't you look at me with those judging eyes, I share of course :P

Lebanese Pancakes £6

The crepe was filled with sweet cheese, drizzled with dark chocolate and finished off with fresh strawberries. 

You honestly cannot go wrong with this calorific beauty.

Chef's Selection of Pastries £6

These pastries were filled with a variety of different surprises.

I would recommend that you order this if you enjoy spices in your dessert. 

My favourite parcel was the one filled with rose infused, citrusy nutty goodies. Sounds abit strange but it was all kinds of awesome.

Baklava £5

A classic never goes wrong.

The filo pastry just melted as soon as it touched your tongue, and the syrup laced pistachios just oozes out from all the layers of pastry. 

You know it's a good piece of baklava when you can feel the weight of it as soon as you lift it from the plate.

Yummei?


8/10 Yummeis


Where?
Layla's
33 High Street,
Wimbledon,
SW19 5BY

Square Meal

Layla on Urbanspoon


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.title/>

This page has found a new home

Blogger 301 Redirect Plugin